ELECTRONIC MEMBER COMMUNICATIONS
In February 2022, the Corporations Amendment (Meetings and Documents) Act 2022 came into effect. The new laws establish a more practical method for companies to send documents to members electronically.
In line with this new Act, Club Central Hurstville and Menai can now select from the following methods to notify members about AGM and other meeting notices:
- Sending members an email with a PDF attachment of the meeting notice
- Sending members a text message or email with a hyperlink to the meeting notice
- Sending members a text message or email with instructions on how to access the meeting notice (e.g. by logging in to a member portal)
- Mailing a postcard to a member’s physical address with instructions or details of how to access the meeting notice online.
Members are advised that distribution via email will be Club Central Hurstville and Menai’s preferred method for all notices required under legislation from this point on.
Members’ rights to receive documents in physical or electronic form
Under the Corporations Act 2001 (the Act), members of this club may “elect” to receive documents in physical or electronic form. Under Section 110K of the Act Club Central Hurstville and Menai now inform members of their right to make this election, as per this notice.
Club members who do not make any election will be sent documents, including meeting notices, in line with Club Central Hurstville and Menai’s processes, and based on the contact details we hold.
Members may elect to receive all company-related documents in physical or electronic form, on a permanent basis. Alternatively, members may elect to receive only a particular document in physical or electronic form, on an ad hoc basis.
Members who elect to receive information electronically must provide Club Central Hurstville their email address and mobile number, if the Club does not already hold this information.
Members are entitled may make an election in writing, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning (02) 9570 3355.
Please note that Club Central is not required to accommodate your elected communication type if we receive your election less than 30 days before the document is required to be sent. However, we will nonetheless make every effort to accommodate your request.
If you require further information, please contact Cheryl Sappey on (02) 9570 3355.
CEO ICC Group
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notices of AGM are now provided electronically.
The Sixty Third Annual General Meeting of the Club will be held at the Hurstville premises, 2 Crofts Avenue on Wednesday 15 November 2023 at 7.00pm.
Chief Executive Officer
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CLUB MEMBERS
- A list of disclosures, declarations and returns made by the governing body and employees of the club.
- The salary bands of the club’s top executives.
- Details of the overseas travel made by the governing body and employees of the club.
- Details of loans given by the club to employees.
- Details of certain contracts executed by the club.
- Salary details of club employees who are close relatives of a member of the club’s governing body or a top executive.
- Details of the payments made by the club for consultant services.
- Details of legal settlements made by the club with a member of the governing body or an employee of the club.
- Details of legal fees paid by the club for a member of the governing body or employee of the club.
- The club’s annual gaming machine profit.
- The amount applied by the club to community development and support.
- The club’s profit and loss accounts and trading accounts for the quarter, and
- A balance sheet as at the end of the quarter.
The following are not acceptable at Club Central:
- Dirty/soiled/torn clothing and footwear (small fashionable tears in jeans permitted subject to management approval)
- T-shirts with political, offensive or inappropriate slogans, logos or images
- Singlet’s / sleeveless shirts (male) or revealing clothing (female)
- Motorcycle club colours (see list at reception)
- Gym / training apparel including lycra shorts / leotards etc.
- Hats, scarves, bandanas or any other headwear (excluding dress hats on special occasions approved by management)
- Tracksuits (tracksuits must be of a high quality) after 8pm
- Rubber thongs
COMMITMENT TO RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING
Below is a copy of the Clubs Responsible Conduct of Gambling Policy
- To provide gambling services and practices that conforms to all applicable acts and regulations.
- To promote responsible gambling practices that conforms to local community standards and expectations.
- To establish a pleasant and safe gambling environment.
- To encourage patrons to take responsibility for their gambling activity through an effective self-exclusion procedure or other mechanisms.
- To inform patrons of the club’s responsible gambling programme, the nature of gambling products and the availability of support services for problem gamblers.
RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL
(INCORPORATING CLUB CENTRAL HURSTVILLE AND CLUB CENTRAL MENAI)
- Not to serve alcohol to intoxicated persons.
- Liquor Act 2007’. It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
- Not to serve alcohol to persons who behave in a disorderly manner.
- Not to host promotions that encourage excessive drinking or unfairly target certain persons.
- To discourage excessive or rapid drinking of alcohol, and serve only single nip spirits.
- To provide non-alcoholic drinks, low-alcohol drinks and food for patrons.
- To care for patrons and staff whilst on Club premises.
- To provide advice on available means of travel.
- To minimise disturbance to neighbours in the vicinity of the Club.
- To provide training to the appropriate staff for the detection and application of the above policy points in regard to the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Help is close at hand. Call GambleAware 1800 858 858 gambleaware.nsw.gov.au
We offer gambling and/or self-exclusion.