2017 Menai District Sport Awards
The Menai District Sports Awards is a celebration of the dedicated efforts of the men and women who make up the local Sporting Clubs in our local community. The awards continue to provide meaningful recognition of those who have excelled in their sporting clubs.
– All entrants must base their submissions on the previously completed sporting season.
– All entrants must be current registered playing members of their local club.
– All categories classed as Senior and Junior are to be as designated by that sport’s governing body.
– All nominations for awards must come from sporting bodies situated within the Menai District defined by boundaries of the Woronora & Georges Rivers, National Parks and Military Reserves.
– Details of nominee’s achievements in relation to the selected award category must be outline in the online form (maximum of 250 words) Please also include the number of players registered in a team that is being nominated.
– Additional details of the nominees achievement in seasons prior to the last may also be included on the online form, but WILL NOT BE considered in the judging process. This information will be used for compere presentations at the awards ceremony and may also be used in media releases.
– All nominations must be completed online by 5:00pm on Friday 1st September 2016.
– Judging will be carried out by a panel made up of Menai District Sports Club Committee members, headed by an independent Chair Person.
SPORTS AWARDS CONTACT DETAILS
Phone: 02 9570 3355
It is expected that all finalists will attend the Awards Dinner on Saturday, 21 October 2017. Tickets are $55 adults and $35 children. Due to categories, such as teams having large numbers we ask that everyone this year contact a member of the marketing team to book tickets.
Club Central marketing department office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Contact number: 02 9532 1800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Nominations Open||Monday 24 July 2017|
|Nominations Deadline||Friday 1 September 2017|
|Finalist Announced||Monday 18 September 2017|
|Awards Dinner tickets on Sale||Tuesday 19 September 2017|
|Awards Dinner||Saturday 21 October 2017|
All nominations must be completed and lodged online by 5:00pm on Friday 1th September 2017.
NOTE: THE JUDGES’ DECISION IS FINAL AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
ROOKIE SPORTS PERSON OF THE YEAR
(Someone new to the sport that has shown exceptional potential)
To be selected from both Male and Female Senior & Junior Sports. (4 Awards)
JUNIOR SPORTS PERSON OF THE YEAR
(Sporting Achievements) – To be selected from Junior Sports, Male and Female. (2 Awards)
SPORTING TEAM OF THE YEAR
(Sporting Achievements) – To be selected from Senior and Junior Sports, Male and Female. (4 Awards)
SPORTING CLUB OF THE YEAR
(Overall Sporting and Administration Achievements) – To be selected from any registered Sports Club. (1 Award)
SPORTING CLUB PERSON OF THE YEAR
(Someone who makes a difference) – To be selected from committee members, voluntary workers, game officials or club sponsors. (1 Award)
SPORTS STAR OF THE YEAR AWARD
(Sporting Achievements) – To be selected from Male or Female Senior Sports only. (1 Award)
NOMINTATIONS FOR SPORTS AWARDS
Menai District Sport Awards Sponsors 2017
Please note that we endeavour to follow the event schedule as strictly as possible however circumstances outside of our control may require dates to be adjusted.