The Menai District Sports Awards is a celebration of the dedicated efforts of the men and women who make up the local Sporting Clubs in our local community. The awards continue to provide meaningful recognition of those who have excelled in their sporting clubs.
Nominations have now closed.
- All entrants must base their submissions on the previously completed sporting season.
- All entrants must be current registered playing members of their local club.
- All categories classed as Senior and Junior are to be as designated by that sport’s governing body.
- All nominations for awards must come from sporting bodies situated within the Menai District defined by boundaries of the Woronora & Georges Rivers, National Parks and Military Reserves.
- Details of nominee’s achievements in relation to the selected award category must be outline in the online form (maximum of 250 words) Please also include the number of players registered in a team that is being nominated.
- Additional details of the nominees achievement in seasons prior to the last may also be included on the online form, but WILL NOT BE considered in the judging process. This information will be used for compere presentations at the awards ceremony and may also be used in media releases.
- All nominations must be completed online by 5:00pm on Monday 10 September 2018.
- Judging will be carried out by a panel made up of Menai District Sports Club Committee members, headed by an independent Chair Person.
It is expected that all finalists will attend the Awards Dinner on Saturday, 20 October 2018.
Awards Dinner Ticket Pricing
Ticket price includes entertainment, a three course meal, select bottled wine*, select draught beer* and soft drinks.
Tickets will no longer be available online. Tickets MUST be purchase via the Club Central Marketing department.
In an effort to ensure no sporting clubs miss out, each sporting club will be allocated one (1) table. If you believe you will require more than ten (10) tickets, please contact the Club Central Marketing department.
SPORTS AWARDS CONTACT DETAILS
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Phone: 02 9532 1800
|Nominations Open||Monday 30 July 2018|
|Nominations Deadline||Monday 10 September 2018|
|Awards Dinner tickets on Sale||Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets|
|Awards Dinner||Saturday 20 October 2018|
All nominations must be completed and lodged online by 5:00pm on Monday 10 September 2018.
NOTE: THE JUDGES’ DECISION IS FINAL AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO
ROOKIE SPORTS PERSON OF THE YEAR
(Someone new to the sport that has shown exceptional potential)
To be selected from both Male and Female Senior & Junior Sports. (4 Awards)
JUNIOR SPORTS PERSON OF THE YEAR
(Sporting Achievements) – To be selected from Junior Sports, Male and Female. (2 Awards)
SPORTING TEAM OF THE YEAR
(Sporting Achievements) – To be selected from Senior and Junior Sports, Male and Female. (4 Awards)
SPORTING CLUB OF THE YEAR
(Overall Sporting and Administration Achievements) – To be selected from any registered Sports Club. (1 Award)
SPORTING CLUB PERSON OF THE YEAR
(Someone who makes a difference) – To be selected from committee members, voluntary workers, game officials or club sponsors. (1 Award)
SPORTS STAR OF THE YEAR AWARD
(Sporting Achievements) – To be selected from Male or Female Senior Sports only. (1 Award)
Please note that we endeavour to follow the event schedule as strictly as possible however circumstances outside of our control may require dates to be adjusted.